Daisypath Vacation tickers

Dec 14, 2010

Week #. . . .I don't know. . . It's been a while.

Hey guys. Well, here is the recap of the past week. Elder Shupe and I have 9 people with baptismal dates set, one of them is getting baptized on Saturday. His name is Juan. He's a fifty something year old guy who is a character. Elder Shupe has been teaching him for a while, so I just came in time to help confirm him. But all the rest of our baptisms I've been here for the whole thing.
It was pretty fun yesterday. We set a really high goal for the number of people we talk to randomly on the street. We call them TTI's. Anyways it's starting to get late, and we are like ten people short of our goal. So we start walking around in the neighborhood that is around our apartment. We ran into some characters. One was so hammered, his eyes kept going cross-eyed and back, and was sitting there swaying back and forth. It was really funny to see. He was nice, and even told us that he had been drinking, a lot. So we gave him a card and told him to call us when he sobered up. There were also another couple of guys that we talked to on their front porch. When we started walking up, they looked at each other and were really really nervous, until Elder Shupe told them that we weren't cops. As we started talking to them, they seemed really out of it. One of them told us that they couldn't really understand what we were saying because, and I quote, "we're kinda in our own 'conversation' and so we're kinda out of it." That's when I noticed the rubber elastic band still tied around his arm (I forget what they're called). I almost bursted out laughing.
We also got a referral yesterday. It was from the stake president. He said that this guy, Paul, had met some mormons while he was in the hospital, and he thought they were nice people and he wanted to know more about them. Now when the referral said, he had just gotten out of the hospital, I thought that he had been in there for an accident or he got sick, or something like that. So we're talking to him (actually, he was talking at us, I think we might have gotten a few words in here and there), and he's telling us his life story, and how he had just gotten out of the mental hospital, and how great everything was going. It was really interesting, because I think he escaped, rather then was released. Anyways, after it all we figured out that he wasn't interested in the church, but more interested in the church welfare programs and how he could get into those. He was asking us if the bishop could help him out in fixing his car, paying for his apartment, and (my personal favorite) seeing if he could help him out with buying a guitar. Well, he said he would come to church, but we'll see. =)
Anyways, the work is going great, and I love all of you guys.
Elder Denison

No comments:

Post a Comment