Daisypath Vacation tickers

Dec 21, 2010

E Denison's Weekly Report


Well, guys, I had my first baptism on Saturday!!! It was really cool. (Even if it was Elder Shupe who baptized him, it still counts as mine, correct?) We confirmed him a member and he got the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday. It was a really neat experience. We also have like eight more people who are working towards baptism. Two imparticular. Zach, we started teaching him a couple weeks ago. His mom was a less active that we were teaching and he sat in on a couple of the lessons and really liked em. He has been progressing super fast. We hope to have him baptized on the first. We also have Rebeccah. Elder Shupe and his old companion have been teaching her for a while. It was kinda cool because neither of us thought she was progressing very much (she was coming to church, but just didn't seem very motivated to be baptized.), and one day when we went over to teach her, she said to us "I think I am ready to be baptized". Elder Shupe and I just looked at each other, and were like..."uhh... great!!!" So that's pretty much how the work is going.
Our apartment is a mess. We've got boxes and packages all over the place. But all of our presents are still under the tree we have. I don't know what our plans are for Christmas. I do know that I will be able to call mom and dad sometime during the day. I'm not sure what time, but it will probably be sometime in the middle of the day (we are still in the same time zone after all). So stay near your phones and if you get a call from a 602 number, ANSWER IT!! Oh yeah, and if you really want to be my favorite, you should include in your next packages, whenever they may come, copies of whatever gospel music you have. I mean anything. Motab, Salt Lake Symphony, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, anything!!! ha ha. Oh yeah, Dad, I'm sending home a couple of CD's that I bought. We were walking through the ASU campus and there was a guy in the middle of the square playing the piano. He was amazing. I bought a couple of his cds and are sending them home to you. Make copies for anyone who wants them, but PUT THE ORIGINALS somewhere in my room please. ha ha.
Anyways, I love you guys. I hope you have a very merry Christmas. Don't worry about me, we are staying way too busy for me to be home sick. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment