Hey guys Elder Denison here. Well, week one has gone absolutely AMAZING!!! It has been a lot of hard work, but somehow I've gotten through it. But it has gone by so fast. Well, like I said in the last letter, I'm starting out in East Phoenix. This is a really fun area. On the first day Elder Shupe and I witnessed: some sort of street race rally, a special unit police task force conduct a raid on an apartment that we were visiting nearby, and a drug deal. I love this area already!!! ha ha.
Seriously, I really am already loving this area. I swear it's just a smaller version of LA. There are 3 or 4 strip clubs down the street from the church house, and there is always something going on. But the people here are so nice! Almost everyone is open to a message about the gospel. But that's because they are so humble. Every single person that we've taught so far has had some sort of combination of being in and out of jail, being on and off drugs, alcoholics, or teen pregnancies. This place really is quite an experience.
But I've already had so much success!!! You'd never believe it, but in just the six days that we have been here, we have set FOUR baptismal dates!!! If all of them go follow through and prepare like we are trying to get them, I might have four baptisms on New Years day. How awesome is that?

No comments:
Post a Comment