Well guys, here is a summary of the past week. Well, you know the investigator, Patricia, who had a baptismal date with the baptists and said she would cancel it? Well, she didn't. We went to go teach her, and she's like "I have some questions about your church that I don't want to ask you." We asked her what questions and what better person to ask then the person you are asking about. The entire lesson went that way, until finally she said, "Well I hope you guys aren't mad at me, but I was baptized today." We asked her who by, and she told us a pastor from the church down the road. We tried to explain to her why it is so important to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood, or the proper authority of God. The next day, she called me and told me that she asked the minister if he had the priesthood, and of coarse he said yes. I didn't want to go into right then. I was too tired. Anyways, she still came to church, and still wants us to come teach her. Why, I have no clue.
But that's ok, because we have like six other solid investigators. One of whom, Denise, is one of those really energetic and funny black ladies. I think I told you guys about her last week. Anyways, we went and taught her again, and reviewed the Word of Wisdom. We asked her what the 5 things that we need to stay away from are. She thought for a minute, then replied "Coffee, soda, cigarettes, booze, and niggas". (sorry if that gave you a heart attack or something) I almost died because I was laughing so hard. And poor Elder Shupe, who has lived in a bubble in northern Utah all his life (I don't think he's ever met, let alone seen a black person before he came to Arizona), was just sitting there like, "what am I supposed to say to this?" It was pretty funny.
And Zach didn't show up to church again. Which means we are going to push his baptism back at least another two weeks. Ugh, I'm going to have to go kick him in the butt.
I love you guys so very much, and I am missing all of you!!!
Elder D

No comments:
Post a Comment