Daisypath Vacation tickers

Aug 1, 2011

Looking Up!

Well family, things are going a lot better for me now. We just had an amazing week. An entire family that we have been teaching just suddenly caught fire!!! (Not literally) We have met with them almost everyday for the past week, have gone to the visitor's center at the temple and a baptism with them, and they are totally excited to be baptized! We originally had a date with the mom and two of the four kids. The dad is out of town a lot and he takes the oldest boy with him, and the youngest kid is only six. The dad is really cool. He goes to different carnivals and such running a hot dog and hamburger stand, with the largest grill in the world!!! He's beat the Guiness World Record for largest grill, largest burger, and he plans on beating another one this summer. So he's out of town a lot, and thats why he's not getting baptized with the mom and two kids. He says work slows down around October, so we wanted to wait for the baptism for everyone until then. But the mom said that she couldn't wait!!! She is so cool, as well. She's already telling her friends all about the gospel and how much it's changed her. She's even been handing out gospel principles manuals!! Anyways, she didn't want to wait for her husband, so we set a date with her for the 13th. Saturday, when she came to some of the other missionaries baptism, she said that she didn't want to wait that long! So we moved everything up for this saturday. Then last night, she said that she wanted it on Tuesday so that her husband could be there. So the last few days have been crazy trying to set up this baptism for the mom and two of the kids that have come out of nowhere!!! While we were deciding who was going to be baptizing who, the nine year old, comes up to me and says "I claim Elder Denison!! He's baptizing me!!!" It was so awesome and made me feel so cool.

It's so exciting, because I know this family is going to the temple. And if I just cowboy up and work hard out here so that I don't let myself come home, I'll be able to go to the temple with them just before I come home. That will be awesome. So I don't remember if I told you last week or not, but president told me that I'm staying in this area at least until official transfers in a week. I really hope that I stay here for a while though, so that I can see the rest of the family baptized. And so much else is happening in this area. It's in the northern desert over Scottsdale, so only rich people live here. But it's been amazing how many of them are open to the gospel. It's awesome!!! So that's my story for the week. I love you all so much, and I hope to hear form you all soon. (Chad send me that package!!!! haha, jk love ya dude!)

No comments:

Post a Comment