Daisypath Vacation tickers

Oct 3, 2011

Miracles Never Cease


Hey guys. So other then conference, we had an amazing miracle this week! You know the family that we baptized except for the dad? Well, we eating lunch last Tuesday, and we get a call from him. "Hey, I'm in town for the week, and I need to be baptized. Can we make it work for tomorrow night?" We said, definately not tomorrow night, but possibly Thursday night. But don't hold your breath. I honestly didn't think that we would be able to do it, because in order to do it we had to get him an interview, get an ok from the bishop, get an ok from President Ellsworth about doing a waterside confirmation, and then set up a baptismal program and get the ward invited. To put matters worse, last week were leadership training meetings, so everyone we needed to talk to were in meetings until 5 at night, and then they were still going to be busy. I let his wife know that we might not be able to pull this off, but then she put me in a guilt trip. She said, "Elder Denison, where is your faith?" Man, I never thought I'd be chastized by a recent convert. Then she says "If anyone can pull this off it's you, because you got my son baptized, and that was a bigger miracle then this!" So I couldn't let her down. I was on the phone all day Wednesday trying to get everything in line. Well, long story short, we got permission to carry everything out Wednesday night at about 10:20. It was a good thing too, because our very zealous Ward Mission Leader had already invited all the ward to the baptism. But it turned out to be an awesome baptism. But probably the coolest thing of all was during the confirmation the words were said that he would take his family to the temple in a year from now, and when I heard that, I knew that it was going to happen. And I'll still be here for it!!! BTW, this family is going up to Utah for either Thanksgiving or Christmas to go skiing, and I might send them by you guys to say hi! Anyways, I love you all a ton!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment