Another week, another baptism. Haha. We had a close call this weekend. So the lady that we were baptizing, was all ready for the baptism Friday night. We get up Saturday morning (the baptism was at ten) and call her to make sure shes up. She said she was up at six and ready to go. She was super excited and couldn't wait to be baptized. So Elder Shupe and I head over to the church to fill up the font at eight, and the bishop is already there with the font started and the chairs all out and everything is ready!! We're thinking "this is going to be a sweet baptism". It's starts raining (which is a good thing here in AZ because it NEVER rains) and I go outside to enjoy the rain. The phone rings around nine. It's her. I'm thinking she just wants to make sure what time she should be there. She answers "Elder Denison, I've been thinking..." OHH NOOO!!! She tells us that she doesn't think that shes ready yet, and that shes not sure if baptism would be good for her right then. We asked what made her feel she wasn't ready and she asks stuff like "What if down the road I slip and start smoking or drinking?" We told her three things in response to that:
1. Don't start drinking or smoking
2. When you're baptized you get the Holy Ghost to help you with that stuff.
and 3. Everyone slips up and that's what repentance is for.
Long story short, we convinced her to at least come to the church and see how she feels then. She shows up at ten thirty, and luckily she felt better. It ended up being a really cool baptism.
About transfers. I'm losing my trainer. Elder Shupe is being sent to pretty much his old area. I'm getting Elder Wilder (I could be wrong with the spelling). I have no clue who he is. But then again, he's a missionary, so that'll do. Elder Shupe and I are moving (well, Elder Shupe will be moving twice) tomorrow. We are moving in with a Sister Smith. I guess they're not worried about us living with a single sister. Then again, she is over ninety years old. So that's whats happening. Love you guys!
Luvz
E Denison

No comments:
Post a Comment